Discover More Here

Friday, June 25, 2010

Freedom Fest 2010

June 2010: My best friend was KIA in 2007 and his family and friends have created an organization in memory of him and also to support the troops: http://patriot29.com/

I made a half sheet cake based on this year's t shirt design (which is the 3rd picture). I made a red velvet/ white cake (dyed blue) with vanilla cream icing and fondant details. I learned NEVER to over fill my cake pan again.... after the cake became a waterfall tossing about 2 cups of cake mix on to the bottom of the oven (after it missed my not so strategically placed cookie sheets) and filled the house with a lovely singed smell I had to use to oven's self clean mode. THREE hours of a horrible stench and eye burning smoke coming from flour being incinerated at 900 degrees... this is no joke-look it up! The cake turned out looking nice (even though I once again had difficulties with the icing slipping on the sides- I'll figure it out soon.... hopefully!) and hopefully with the 3 hour drive to Dallas it stays that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment