Discover More Here

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Toy Story

June 2010: Jamie Brett's son was diagnosed with Wilm's Tumors, a kidney cancer that occurs in children.  He is handling the chemo very well, but I wanted to do something to bring some cheer. He LOVES Toy Story so I decided to make him a cake of course! I worked on the gum paste characters first (Hamm, Mr. Potato Head and Alien). As you can see they are only about 2" tall. Other than a few small flowers I have not really worked with it so I did experience some cracking. I think they turned out pretty cute- at least you can tell who they are! The cake is the actual bed; I got this idea from a few different ones I saw online. It is a triple chocolate chocolate chip cake with chocolate filling and a butter cream crumb coat. The fondant is all homemade a well.

If this story touches your heart and you would like to help out this family or find out more here is the website: LeviStrong

No comments:

Post a Comment